Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chillin' in South Dakota... not Literally! It's Been Quite Warm.

So, many of you may have been asking "What has Sarah been up to lately?"

The answer most of you have gotten is probably "Not much!"

Well, now I have some documentation to show it's true...to an extent :)

I have found my blog posts consist of two topics usually:

A)
















I'm not sure why, but I sure do love cooking, eating, and looking for new fun recipes to try. Good thing Jason likes food A LOT too.



B)















I'm not quite sure where that came from, but it seems I'm unstoppable.



Well, no worries, my current post will not surprise you because with all this said, I'm pretty sure you can guess what I've been up to...



Starting with Food!


Here's the glory of my bread making.















We've finally figured out how to make really good and chewy bread that has the right amount of crusty-crust. I've realized I have become a food snob when it comes to homemade bread. Its all about being fresh, or its just no good!


Here is some Orange Chinese Chicken and Rice... and Broccoli of course...ok more Broccoli Stems rather than Flowerettes :(















I made it with a can of Mandarin Oranges. We really liked it. It had a bit of spiciness to it as well. Mmmm!


The other day I did make homemade enchiladas... from the tortillas to the "green" sauce, but unfortunately the most exciting about it was how I broiled the cheese on the top to make it nice and toasty...ergo, no pictures... not until I perfect this one.


So, this means I can freely move onto my next topics: CRAFTS!

I have started knitting. Yes, you heard me correctly, KNITTING. And not just anything, I have started knitting socks.
















Who knew I'd be knitting socks ? (other than Susie who gave me some awesome supplies to get started)















And (so far) they actually look like socks! All I got to say is you better be careful when Christmas comes around... cos I have a whole bunch of tricks up my sleeve :)

So far so good, but I'll keep you posted with the final product... or should I say products since there will be 2!

Well, so much for my two fall back topics... I guess this is the end of my blog...













HA! Not so fast! I'm not done yet.


Another exciting thing I've been working on with Jason is our greenhouse. We planted our seedlings last Saturday and today, Thursday, here is the progress of our little seedlings thus far.
















Here's all the little guys. They are growing like champs!















Here's the cauliflower.... They were the second to sprout.






Here's the broccoli.













And the others:

Lettuce and Mesclun



























Now, you might ask, " What in the world is MESCLUN?"

Mesclun (I have learned) is just a blend of lettuces that are pretty good. We had some growing last year and it was purple... that's the extent I know about mesclun.


I'm just glad they are sprouting.


We are still waiting on our peppers and tomatoes to make some sort of action, but it hasn't even been a week.



So here's to the little garden. So far so good!


2 comments:

Colette said...

First I must say - WOW!
Wow to you making socks, also awesome.
Wow to your little garden, I wish I had one.
And as for being a wee bit bread snooty - I find it every bit justified. Continue on my bread snob, continue on!

Susie said...

Shoot! Now I have to get started with mine so I can beat you. Yes I am competitive. They look really good so far. The food looks great. As do the veggies. Man, you are beating me at everything. Can't wait to see the socks in person.
Love you guys!!!