

So it may not look that impressive, but I am about 15-20 ft up...so really I don't know the exact height, but I sure wasn't looking down when I got all the way to the top. I got to connect to another rope to repel down. Overall, I got very sunburned on my legs, a nice scratch on my hand, and a lot of fun.
Other than that, we are in the second week of camp with scouts here, and I'm officially done. We've had hail, we've had sleet. The water has been so cold I'm still shivering. And to boot, I get to deal with irate scoutmasters who think its stupid that I have to close down waterfront because there's thunder. I love my job. Let's just say this has been a trying week, and its only Tuesday. This is the week with the most scouts, so it should be down hill once this week is over.
Well, that's my week so far, but I'm hoping it will be turning for the better soon :)
3 comments:
Hurray! I am glad that you did it. And I like that this summer there are updates on your life other than the one time phone call.
Looks like a fun time. We are so glad to have this here to see what Aunt Sarah is up to. Keep having fun and don't let all the grumpy scoutmasters get to you. :)
Way to go! I have never climbed a wall, only a mountain. But I never made it up to the top!! (It was a small mountain wall) But I was wondering, did you get sewing machine leg? It's just a dumb thing where your leg gently bounces up and down, like a sewing machine. Just curious.
I'm sorry about the weather! It's been 90* here for over a week! A cold day doesn't sound so bad. But a cold swim in a lake does! Sorry!
Have fun! And keep us posted. We love the updates!
Post a Comment