But I've have some adventures in climbing lately. I actually went climbing on the real rock where we take the scouts... lets just say I didn't do so well, but at least it was tons of fun.
First of all you obviously have to rig up the equipment to go climbing... so here you go.


Here is a lovely view from top. I sure have been able to adapt to my nervousness of heights. I'm not so nervous, most of the time :) You will notice the lovely pink bag... that's what we carry all our gear in when we go climbing. All the other boys on staff really love the bright pink bag... but really we use it as rope protection. We get the pink bag beat up by the sharp rock instead of the rope. We use our resources.
But here's where I actually got the climb what I just set up:



I started out really good, but I ended really bad!!!
It really didn't help that my shoes weren't tight at all and would slip off whenever I'd tried to put them in a good rock hold...I guess I should know better.
But enjoy, hope all is going well you you all and until my next post.
4 comments:
I went climbing once with Katie and Nate Walker. What I tried to climb was alot easier than the shear rock face you climbed! Basically Nate, my spotter, ended up hoisting me up the cliff cause I was worn out about 4 feet off the ground. Lol. I had lots of fun though!
Your mother is still holding her breath! YOU BE CAREFUL!
You crazy monkey you! If that's the way to overcome your fear of heights, climbing is the best way. We miss you guys and hope you can come over to UT and visit us and see our fixer upper home.
Yeah! Great update. Looks like a ton of fun.
Post a Comment